Yes I know it hurts, I can see those legs shaking, but it’s worth it. Just give me one more rep, we are nearly there.
There is no point being able to lift your suitcase if you can’t run for the plane.
Training is not just about building muscle or losing body fat. It’s not just about improving cardio fitness or building a great work capacity. It’s not even just about improving strength and power. Training is a lifelong quest, and those that are the most successful over time will strive to improve all of these. Becoming stronger, mentally and physically. Constantly achieving the smallest successes that over time become lifechanging improvements, one goal at a time. I have been fortunate over the years to work with teens in New York and Arizona, old triathletes in Sydney Australia, the Shaolin monks in China. I joined the Royal Marines in 2012 and through ever mentor, every exceptional coach and inspirational person I have met, I realise that training is just a journey. You will never be fully satisfied, you will just become hungry for more. Enjoy the process.
Personal Fitness Goals
To create enough balance in my life that I am in good enough shape to jump on stage, but can do a good set of press handstands, kick ass at karate, hold myself over 90 mins football and press my bodyweight overhead.
I have been involved in this industry before and after the military for around 15 years. I have had the opportunity to work with general population, physique competitors, strength and power athletes as well as endurance athletes.
- YMCA Level 2 Gym Instructor
- Australian Institute of Fitness Master Trainer
- Poliquin PICP Levels 1,2,3
- Poliquin Biosignature Level 1
- Tudor Bompa Performance Periodisation Expert
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Phil Learney Hypertrophy Workshop
- UKSCA Strength and Conditioning Workshop
- ISSN – Sports Nutrition (Current)
- Injury Rehabilitation – Undergraduate Staffs Uni (Current)
It’s all about maximising your time. Get everything done quick. All the work, all the chores and boring responsibilities. Then get outside and kick a football, do some handstands, go to a comedy club or swing your kid round by their feet with the sun on your back.
- A chilli con carne so hot that it makes me anxious about the day after!
- The feeling of the sun on your face when you are in the sea
- Friends re-runs
- Negative self-talkers
- Brussel sprouts
- Anything on the rower over 4 mins